Porteus is moving from RC1 after almost 14 months of development to RC2 for its final release at 5.0, based on Slackware and available seven desktop flavors.
- Linux kernel 5.4.57;
- added experimental support for RAID arrays;
- GTK 3 switched to 002-xorg, GTK 2 removed (some desktop environments include it - Openbox, LXDE, Xfce);
- Porteus gtkdialog scripts are ported to pygobject3 (incomplete and continuous, gtkdialog (built with GTK 3) remains for some unported scripts);
- new basic module - 002-xtra containing customized multimedia packages (eg FFmpeg, mpv);
- applications common to all desktop environments moved to 002-xorg or 002-xtra (GParted, Transmission, Celluloid);
- rebuilt initrd.xz with new BusyBox and improved linuxrc.
- numerous bugs fixed.