CAELinux 2020 is based on Xubuntu 18.04 and is customized to provide many open source simulation tools for analysis , thermal or fluid flow simulation, but also contains a full range of mathematical modeling, graphics, design, CAD / CAM, prototyping software which makes it ideal for running a Fablab or a MakerSpace using purely open-source tools.
CAELinux 2018 had many problems with creating LiveDVD. The causes were related to the large size of the ISO image that could not be handled correctly by most boot codes. From now on, CAELinux will only be able to boot from a USB flash drive.
- LiveDVD distribution based on Xubuntu 18.04 LTS 64 bit with XFCE desktop
- Available as installable ISO image for USB flash drive;
- Works directly from USB stick without any installation
- For best performance: hard disk installation with simple Ubuntu installer
- Provides a complete platform for open source engineering development: Design & Manufacturing Aided Computer (CAD / CAM) and simulation (CAE , FEA / CFD), electronic design, scientific calculation, programming and mathematical modeling
- CAD / CAM and 3D printing: Salome, Freecad, OpenSCAD, LibreCad, Pycam, Camotics, dxf2gcode,
FEA cure , CFD and multiphysics simulation: Salome-Mecca 2019 / Code-Aster, SalomeCFD / Code-Saturn, HelyxOs / OpenFOAM v7, Elmer FEM, Calculix with Launcher & CAE GUI
- Meshing, pre-post and visualization: Salome, Paraview, Helyx-OS, Elmer GUI, VoxelMesher
- Electronic design and prototyping: KiCad, Arduino, Flatcam, dxf2gcode / cadpy.
- Scientific and development tools: Python 3 with Spyder, GNU Octave, R, wxMaxima, OpenModelica, Qt Creator, gcc, gfortran, java, g ++, perl, tcl / tk