After 4 years of development (Slacko 6.3.0 - released in November 2015), slacko and slacko64 version 7.0 are released in the wild! Default in slacko-7.0 (32 bits) has grayscale backgrounds and themes, but colored icons for contrast.
Slacko Puppy is built from a "Puppy builder" system called Woof-CE, which can build a Puppy Linux distribution from the binary packages of any other distribution.
Slacko Puppy is built from Slackware-14.2 binary TXZ packages, therefore it has binary compatibility with Slackware and access to Slackware and Salix repositories.
- The latest bug fixes in Slackware upstream - 14.2
- NEW - 64 and 32 bit EUFI load capacity! It is designed to boot on any x86 computer
- NEW - FrugalPup installer to install Puppy on UEFI and BIOS computers, 32-bit or 64-bit on either hard disk, USB or SD / MMC devices
- Ability to boot from ISO files on your hard drive or USB device using Super Grub2 or you can manually prepare a grub2 input.
- New kernels that follow 4 series LTS branches built with f2fs support and built-in mmc / sd drivers, so you can boot from Secure Digital cards and EMMC drives. There are additional cores in the warehouse.
- New and improved script "change_kernels" to easily change kernels
- Many improvements to the icon and graphical user interface throughout the system.
- Ffmpeg and support programs, including Pmusic and Mplayer.
- Joe's Window Manager 2.3.6
- Fully compatible and interchangeable A and Y drive support. These are "sfs" files of the system that can overwrite the main sfs.
- Updated Firefox ESR browsers
- 32-bit browser installer for Vivaldi. Seamonkey is available in the Slackware repo (32 and 64).
- Graphical firewall software improvements
- Samba, used to share files with Windows, comes by default
- Evince pdf viewer
- Many other updated programs.
- Corrections and bug fixes
Slacko 7.0 comes with a few different kernels, however, alternatives are available from the repository and can be easily changed using the change_kernels script.
Cititi mai multe stiri/noutati despre Slacko aici ...
- What is your reaction?
- powered by Verysign
- powered by Verysign