To try the latest version of Linux Gnome Nightly OS v40, you can use Gnome Boxes. Here are some simple steps:
Download the latest Gnome OS Nightly
- Here is the link to download it directly.
Run the system update
Open the dsi terminal and then execute the system update command ...
sudo apt update
Flatpak is a package manager for Linux to install various applications. Simply run:
sudo apt install flatpak
Add the FlatHub repo
All applications available for installation through Flatpak are in its warehouse called FlatHub.
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
Install and run Gnome Boxes
flatpak install flathub org.gnome.Boxes
- After completing the installation, access the "all applications" area and search for "Boxes".
- Click on the + icon at the top left of the boxes and select the "Open system file image" option.
- When we select ISO to open it with Boxes, this virtualization software will automatically detect preconfigured storage and memory.
- Click the Create button in the upper right.
After a few other common settings, such as selecting the installation disk, language, users, etc., we find the desktop interface where you can explore the latest features of Gnome 40, such as a new way to access all applications, including a horizontal view of recent activities.