FreeBSD 13.0, is the first version of the stable branch 13. Some of the most important updates:
- The clang, lld and lldb utilities and the compiler-rt, llvm, libunwind and libc ++ libraries have been updated to version 11.0.1.
- The obsolete version of the GNU debugger that was installed in / usr / libexec for use by crashinfo (8) has been removed.
- Detailed kernel lock information can be obtained by installing modern GDB from ports or packages.
- The obsolete binoculars 2.17 and gcc (1) 4.2.1 have been removed from the tree. All supported architectures now use the LLVM / clang tool chain.
- The BSD version of grep (1) is now installed by default. The deprecated GNU version that was previously the default has been removed.
- The CU-SeeMe holder has been removed from the libals (3). The qat driver (4) has been added, supporting some of the cryptographic acceleration features of the Intel QuickAssist (QAT).
- The qat driver (4) supports QAT devices integrated with the Atom C2000 and C3000 and Xeon C620 and D-1500 platforms, as well as the Intel QAT 8950 adapter.
- Several obsolete drivers have been removed.
- Several drivers have been ported to the PowerPC64 architecture.
- The kernel now supports the framing and in-kernel encryption of Transport Layer Security (TLS) data on TCP sockets for TLS versions 1.0 to 1.3.
- Downloading via kernel encryption drivers is supported for MtE encryption kits using AES-CBC, as well as for AEAD encryption kits using AES-GCM.
- Downloading through kernel encryption drivers is supported for AES-GCM encryption suites for TLS 1.2.
- Using KTLS requires the use of an SSL library for KTLS users.
- The OpenSSL library included in the base system does not activate KTLS support by default, but the support can be activated by building with the option WITH_OPENSSL_KTLS
- The 64-bit ARM architecture known as arm64 or AArch64 is promoted to Tier-1 for FreeBSD 13.
Cititi mai multe stiri/noutati despre Free BSD aici ... Source: freebsd.org
- What is your reaction?
- powered by Verysign
1 Distro OPNsense 22.1 released with upgrade to FreeBSD 13
2 Distro FreeBSD 12.3 - incremental updates
3 Distro FreeBSD 13.0 - the first version of the stable branch 13
4 Distro NomadBSD 1.4 is now updated to FreeBSD 12.2-p4
5 Distro NomadBSD 1.3.2 has been upgraded to FreeBSD 12
6 Distro FreeBSD 11.4 - package updates and fixes
- powered by Verysign