Kali Linux 2021.2 is a mix of new features and enhancements to existing features and is ready to be downloaded or updated if you have an existing Kali Linux installation.
Summary of the change log from the 2021.1 launch of February 2021:
- Launch Kaboxer v1.0 - Container applications
- Launch Kali-Tweaks v1.0 - Our way to make it easier to configure Kali Linux to your liking
- Complete remodeling for the backend that produces packages for the latest updates
- Privileged ports disabled - Opening a listener on ports 1024 / TCP-UDP and below no longer requires super-user access
- New tools have been added - Guide and Visual Studio Code. With CloudBrute, Dirsearch, Feroxbuster, pacu, peirates and Quark-Engine
- Theme improvements - Added a way to quickly switch between dual-terminal and single-line prompt + file manager changes
- Desktop wallpapers and login wallpapers - Default images have changed with more to choose from
- Raspberry Pi images reloaded - RPi 400 fully supported, integrated Bluetooth functionality and dramatically reduced waiting time
- Kali NetHunter support for Android 11 - Support Android 11 and various other improvements for the NetHunter platform
- Docker - Now supports ARM64 and ARM v7 (along with previous AMD64)
- Kali is fully supported for Apple M1 users who have Parallels
- Fixed various bug fixes - Pkexec fixes, Wireshark permissions, command issues not found and more accessibility features.