EndeavourOS 22.12 - latest Cassini release
This EndeavourOS 22.12 comes with (options to install the system without a bootloader, systemd boot or GRUB):
- Calamares 3.3.0-alpha3
- Firefox 108.0.1-1
- Linux kernel 6.0.12.arch1-1
- Mesa 22.3.1-1
- Xorg-Server 21.1.5-1
- nvidia-dkms 525.60.11-1
- Grub 2:2.06.r403.g7259d55ff-1
- Added a choice of bootloaders as well as the ability to not install a bootloader (systemd-boot is default selected)
- Switched to dracut from mkinitcpio
- Added an entry for Windows when using grub or systemd-boot and Windows is installed
- You can now choose to create a new EFI partition instead of re-using the existing one when using “Replace partition” or “Install alongside“.
- Grub submenu feature is now enabled by default (only default entry is visible extra entries are inside a submenu)
- Default wallpaper/background is now set by settings packages instead of welcome
- KDE/Plasma: Replaced the discover icon with a Konsole icon.
- Cinnamon: Replaced adwaita icons with Qogir
- GNOME: uses Console and Gnome-text-editor instead of now legacy gedit and gnome-terminal, Wallpaper follows night and day theme same for Console (it is set to dark only by upstream default)
- Budgie: is set to Qogir Icons and arc GTK theme and uses Nemo instead of Nautilus (to have even theming possible, Nautilus is not able to get theming from Budgie)
- Lots of Calamares cleanup work
- Reorganized and cleaned up the netinstall packages
We now also install the system with Dracut, a highly modular tool for generating initramfs images, instead of mkinitcpio by default.
For users who already have EndeavourOS up and running but also want to switch to Dracut or switch to systemd-boot, a manual is in the making
Utilizator Linux - Solus OS, pasionat de calatorii.
Nici un comentariu inca. Fii primul!