OpenMandriva Lx is a unique and independent distribution, descended from Mandriva Linux and the first Linux distribution to use the 2015 LLVM tool chain by default .
OMLx 4.2 is now even easier to use with the improved OM Welcome, which makes it possible to install a range of well-known applications with a single click.
This release comes with the latest KDE applications and includes:
- Suite LibreOffice 7.1.0, Krita 4.4.2, Digikam 7.2, SMPlayer 21.1.0, VLC 188.8.131.52, browser Falkon 3.1, SimpleScreenRecorder 0.4.3;
- Desktop (human-feeling-like) presets to customize the look of your OpenMandriva Plasma desktop to look and feel similar to other systems you might be used to;
- Software Repository Selector (man-repo-picker) to activate additional repositories with thousands of additional free software packages.
- Porting to aarch64 ( 64-bit ARM processors ) is complete
- Installable images are available for PinebookPro, Raspberry Pi 4B and 3B +, Rock Pi 4A, 4B and 4C, Synquacer, Cubox Pulse and generic UEFI compatible devices , such as most aarch64 server boards.
- An image running on the PinePhone is also available (but not final).
- Porting to RISC -V - an Open Source processor architecture - is underway, but is not yet included in version 4.2.
- Kernel 5.10.14 (5.11-rc7 available), KDE Frameworks 5.78, Plasma Desktop 5.20.5, Applications 20.12.2, Qt Framework 5.15.2, LLVM / clang 11.0.1, systemd 247, Java 15, Calamares 3.2. 35, binutils 2.36.1, gcc 10.2.
It is available in repositories, alternative desktop environments for testing, Firefox 85, stable Chromium 88 browser (and beta 89, dev 90), Virtualbox 6.1.16, OBS Studio 26.1.2, Gimp 2.10.22, Calligra Suite 3.2.1, Zypper as an alternative package manager, PHP 8.0.2, numerous games, tools, development tools, educational software and much more.
OpenMandriva also offers a clang compiled kernel. Users can install the same version of kernel-release-desktop and kernel-release-desktop-clang for comparison. In OM Welcome you will also find a shortcut for installation.
As with any new stable release, we recommend that you back up your data and reinstall the new operating system to avoid any conflict with existing configuration settings.
- For a stable version, "Channel Update" is set to Rock by default.
- Now OpenMandriva Lx has a Rolling branch available, while keeping Rock.
- Users can switch from Rock to Rolling through the Software Repository Selector application.
- What is your reaction?
- powered by Verysign
1 Distro OpenMandriva Lx 4.3 RC - Linux 5.12.4, Plasma desktop 5.21.5, Qt 5.15.3
2 Featured OpenMandriva passes the infrastructure to ARM servers
3 Distro Welcome to the launch of OpenMandriva Lx 4.2
4 Distro OpenMandriva Lx Educational ISO
- powered by Verysign